Saturday, August 6, 2016

When it doubt, do it again...FIVE TIMES

The apartment is quiet this morning. Lil b went to work, hubs went to say see-ya-laters to friends before we make the final move to Tampa, and I'm here with my dog.
A good excuse to take practice and although I left my mat in Tampa, that sweet-hub-o-mine text and told me to use his mat. He must've heard the excuses starting to simmer.

So practice I did.
All is coming.
I decided to get as far as I could without forcing a posture. It's been a couple of years since I've had a committed practice so I've eased back into time on my mat by moving through the standing postures of the primary series. Today I told myself I'd keep going until I got stuck.
How appropriate.
My old friend Ardha Baddha Padma Paschimottanasana.
For the record, I still do not like to feel stuck.

But today, rather than being aggravated, I kept my promise.
I took my practice as far as I could without out forcing a posture 
I practiced ardha baddha padma paschimottanasana 5 times, did my closing postures and took a beautiful savasana.

I recently taught a 4 day Sign Language interpreting intensive titled Rendering the English. It was a led class in the practice required to effectively interpret from ASL to English. I shared the concept of Mysore with my students and how there have been times in my yoga practice where I have effortlessly completed postures further along the series than ardha baddha Padma paschimottanasana, but there are also times where I will have to go back to something I thought I already knew, and practice it again -- and again -- and again -- and again -- and again. Much like interpreting.
Their willingness to go back to basics with me over those 4 days gave me inspiration on my mat this morning. Willingness to love myself right where I am and curiosity to learn what I can while I'm here.

Guruji is right, all is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment