Thursday, October 25, 2012

DaDaDadaDadaDaDa AGRO

If you are patient in a moment of anger, you will escape one hundred days of sorrow. ~Chinese Proverb

I've never seen Madagascar 3, but the silly AfroCircus song is in my head with one slight modification....
AGRO!
As in aggravated!

Today I am most definitely on edge, annoyed, aggravated, irritable, bothered, buggered, rankled, disturbed, perturbed and awnry.

I think my psoas is storing sordid sour suggestions that are being squeezed out during my practice.
I particularly notice said squeezing during the Marichyasanas; my body feels as though I'm releasing such disgusting emotional stuff that I'm actually queasy afterwards. It starts a bit earlier with the Janu series, when the psoas gets a good wringing out, that just paves the way for anger, fear and nausea once I make it through my second side of Mari B. Today I stuck with Mari C for 7 repetitions and got an adjustment on my last round. Krista picked me up and made me feel light and tall in my upper body, making it easier to twist around my spine. It also made it easier for that uck to climb right up into my heart. I unwound and literally felt dizzy and thought I might be sick. I could SENSE the sour ooze seeping out.

And seep it did
I slimed a neighbor in traffic
I mentally slimed someone at the office
I even slimed myself

I recognized all of this, as it was happening, and for that I am thankful.
For a moment I wanted it to go away, and then I remembered that is exactly what is happening, in a refiner's fire sort of way. I've turned up the heat and the uglies are bubbling to the top.
THIS is why things I haven't thought of in months or even years are sitting right behind my eyes!
Thankfully, they're on their way out
For now I'll just picture myself a clown-wig-wearing zebra and sit with my AgroCircus, my aching hips, and breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment