Sunday, October 14, 2012

Week ending Oct 13

Monday 10/8 (home practice)
practiced through ardha baddha padma paschimottanasana, closing series
going up in urdhva dhanurasana felt great, staying there not so much
rolled out of halasana
could not lift in utpluthih, arms were jelly
oil bath residual?

Tuesday 10/9 (shala)
Smooth transitions from Chaturanga to Urdhva Mukha Svanasana several without resting my legs. When I was able to do this, I felt more supported in my upper body and hands felt more grounded. Worked on recreating that grounded feeling whether or not my legs rested during transition
Marichyasana C adjustment today was the most 'ease' I have ever felt in that positon. Working on opposition of forces in my legs, internally rotating thigh while pushing the foot outwards.
Entire closing series felt strong
LIFTED in utpluthih, jelly arms are gone :)

Wednesday, 10/10 (shala)
I really took my time in practice this morning. I was up and out of the house earlier which put me at the shala earlier...leaving me a sense of no need to be rushed, so nice.
During Surya Namaskaras, I focused deeply on one breath/one movement and drishti. At onte point, I felt like it took me forever to get through all 10 and for a second or two concerned myself with it, but only a second or two :)
Did an additional series of Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana, working to drop my knee and reach my toe.
Virabhadrasana II felt exceptionally strong today. I didn't adjust my feet when moving from I to II and felt very grounded and could feel the "work" happening.
Focusing on the internal rotation of my thigh of the straight leg in forward folds as given me a new found groundedness through the hip helpful in all the forward folding postures.
Working on lotus in closing series

Thursday, 10/11 (shala)
practiced on only my sticky mat today, no rug what a difference in urdhva dhanurasana
sticking with the repetitions of Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana and Marichyasana B
thought a lot about drishti today, especially in  Urdhva Mukha Svanasana shifting my gaze from the nose to the third eye just sorta happened so I went with it :)
Again, urdhva dhanurasana felt fantastic today, no slipping of the hands and no tension in my back

Friday, 10/12 (no practice)

Saturday, 10/13 (shala)
Today is Yoga-versary! The Shala is 3 years old and we celebrated with led primary series class with Krista.
Yes, my inner T-Rex is still working on Marichyasana C
The droplets of sweat that danced on my mat were beautiful and I felt as thought I practiced with a smile through my entire series. The unison breath of 30+ people all taking practice together was so energizing and I even started Sirsasana, Krista says we'll make that our focus this week :) The most amazing part was the awareness I had over the muscle groups in my back as she talked me into my prep pose: "engage your lats," and I felt them engage," lengthen your traps towards your waist," and I FELT them do that as she said "yes, just like that." My practice has definitely brought a heightened sense of awareness to the way that I move and why. I.love.that
:)

Looking forward to my oil-bath day.

No comments:

Post a Comment