Thursday, October 11, 2012

I lost count...

One, Two, Three Surya Namaskara, ah ah ah!
Opening Mantra
Settling Breath
Surya Namaskara A 5x
Surya Namaskara B 3x or was that 4?
In the end, 3 won because if it WAS 4, I wasn't paying attention so it didn't count anyway.


This mini-debate over counts reminded me of this post from my recovery blog. While looking for the post, I skimmed over several months worth of writing, there's some good stuff there and BOY, am I a long way from where I was then.  At that point in time, I was so fed up with counting I never wanted to do it again. Come to think of it, I was struggling with present moment awareness then as I ducked and dodged Joan at every turn so it's not a stretch to understand why counting (aka being present) was such a bother for me.

I'm not sure how long the counting dialogue took place in my head. Long enough for me to picture Count von Count and come to the conclusion that one more Surya Namaskara wasn't going to hurt anyway so I may have done 6 but I was only aware of 5 and in the end it brought me back to my practice and kept me focused which is the point, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment