Wednesday, October 3, 2012

One track mind

Several months ago I wandered into the Shala while there was a weekend lecture in progress. While browsing the boutique offerings, I overheard Krista speak on the importance of commiting to one practice.
One style, one place. I didn't hover long as I wasn't a paid participant in the lecture, and I'm paraphrasing here but the basic premise I took away that day says practice one style, so you can allow the style to work on/for you and practice in one place because your teachers know you, what you can and cannot do, what you can do that you think you cannot, and how to help you move forward in your practice and when.

I'm not quite sure how I felt about that idea as I drove away but flash forward 6 months and I find myself in that exact spot, one style, one place. This is the first week of my practice where I am no longer teaching and by default only practicing in one place.

I'm not sure what to expect...but I thought it good to make a note so I could track any observations.

Interesting, while proofreading my post, I noticed several variations of the phrase "I'm not sure," to which my brain immediately answered, "do your practice, all is coming"
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment